Curried Chicken & Veggie Bake
by Experience Momentum Nutrition
Follow us on Instagram for more great recipes and updates posted by our Registered Dietitian Nutritionists: @experiencemomentumnutrition
- 4 whole chicken legs (drumstick and thigh), about 3 pounds
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces (halved lengthwise if thick)
- 1 cup brown rice (or brown basmati rice)
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 limes, zested and halved
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place chicken in center of baking sheet and season with curry powder, salt, and pepper (to taste). Spread the carrots around the edges of the pan.
- Place baking sheet in oven and roast, occasionally brushing chicken and tossing carrots with pan drippings, until chicken is cooked through (about 35-45 minutes – meat thermometer should read 165 degrees F when inserted into the thickest part of the meat).
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot, bring brown rice and broth to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until done (about 20-30 minutes). Mix in lime zest with rice.
- When chicken is done cooking, transfer to a plate. Squeeze lime juice over carrots while still on baking sheet and toss.
- Serve chicken, rice, and carrots together on a plate or bowl. Enjoy!
RD Tip: It's super easy to add any other veggies to this recipe you like - just make sure they are all cut up into the same-sized pieces so they cook evenly!
Click Here to return to Recipes Page.
Want more? Request a 15-minute FREE Nutrition Goal Assessment to learn more about how nutrition doesn't have to be the hardest part about your day. With appointment packs, single Q&A sessions, body composition, and grocery store tour services, we can help you become proficient at creating the best balance for your lifestyle.