by Experience Momentum Nutrition
Follow us on Instagram for more great recipes and updates posted by our Registered Dietitian Nutritionists: @experiencemomentumnutrition
- 1 pound ground turkey, shrimp, or fish (organic optional)
- 2 bell peppers, sliced (any color)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- dash of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of coconut or olive oil to a large pan. Add meat to the pan and cook thoroughly. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add veggies to the pan (may need to add an additional tablespoon of oil). Add spices as veggies soften (5-7 minutes).
- Stir to combine, and serve warm with corn tortillas, avocado, salsa, and cheese.
RD Tip: Try using lettuce wraps instead of tortillas, or drain and rinse a can of beans to add as a topping.
Click Here to return to Recipes Page.
Want more? Request a 15-minute FREE Nutrition Goal Assessment to learn more about how nutrition doesn't have to be the hardest part about your day. With appointment packs, single Q&A sessions, body composition, and grocery store tours services, we will be able to help you become proficient at creating the best balance for your lifestyle.