Gluten-Free Banana Muffins
by Experience Momentum Nutrition
Follow us on Instagram for more great recipes and updates posted by our Registered Dietitian Nutritionists: @experiencemomentumnutrition
- 1 3/4 cup gluten-free flour blend (Namaste is one of our favorite brands)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon (or more, to taste)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed overripe bananas (about 3-4 medium bananas)
- 1 cup ground flax seed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate mixing bowl, use an electric hand mixer (or a stand mixer) to whip together the butter, brown sugar, and eggs until creamy.
- In three separate batches, beginning and ending with flour mixture, add 1/3 of the flour mixture and 1/2 of the mashed bananas, mixing well after each addition. Once mixed, stir in the ground flax seed by hand.
- Divide batter equally among 12 paper liners in a muffin tin, filling each to the top.
- Bake in oven for 17-20 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the muffin comes out clean. Let cool completely, and store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
RD Tip: These gluten-free muffins make a lovely back-to-school breakfast option or after-school snack. Pair with a veggie egg scramble for a perfectly balanced breakfast!
Click Here to return to Recipes Page.
Want more? Request a 15-minute FREE Nutrition Goal Assessment to learn more about how nutrition doesn't have to be the hardest part about your day. With appointment packs, single Q&A sessions, body composition, and grocery store tour services, we can help you become proficient at creating the best balance for your lifestyle.