Quick Corn & Bean Salad
by Experience Momentum Nutrition
Follow us on Instagram for more great recipes and updates posted by our Registered Dietitian Nutritionists: @experiencemomentumnutrition
Ingredients for the Salad:
- 1 (15-ounce) can of corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped into small pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into small pieces
- ½ red onion, chopped into small pieces
- 1 jalepeno or serrano chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Ingredients for the Dressing:
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 2 large or 4 small limes)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, pushed through a press and/or finely minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Optional: hot sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, combine corn, beans, chickpeas, cilantro leaves, bell peppers, onions, and jalepeno pepper. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir to combine.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing (lime juice, salt, vinegar, cumin, chili powder, garlic, olive oil, and hot sauce if using).
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately, or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
RD Tip: This salad can be eaten by itself, or try it on a bed of salad greens or mixed with brown rice.
Click Here to return to Recipes Page.
Want more? Request a 15-minute FREE Nutrition Goal Assessment to learn more about how nutrition doesn't have to be the hardest part about your day. With appointment packs, single Q&A sessions, body composition, and grocery store tours services, we will be able to help you become proficient at creating the best balance for your lifestyle.