Red Pepper & Asparagus Quinoa
by Experience Momentum Nutrition
Follow us on Instagram for more great recipes and updates posted by our Registered Dietitian Nutritionists: @experiencemomentumnutrition
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 bunch chopped asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup diced roasted red peppers
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 grilled chicken breast
- Place 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups broth in medium pot. Bring to a boil, then lower temperature and simmer until cooked (approximately 15-20 minutes). Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the olive oil, asparagus, and garlic to a medium pan. Sauté until crisp yet tender. Stir in the cooked quinoa and roasted red peppers. Heat through. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with grilled chicken breast.
RD Tip: Excellent paired with a delicious green salad!
Click Here to return to Recipes Page.
Want more? Request a 15-minute FREE Nutrition Goal Assessment to learn more about how nutrition doesn't have to be the hardest part about your day. With appointment packs, single Q&A sessions, body composition, and grocery store tours services, we will be able to help you become proficient at creating the best balance for your lifestyle.