Roasted Crunchy Chickpeas
by Experience Momentum Nutrition
Follow us on Instagram for more great recipes and updates posted by our Registered Dietitian Nutritionists: @experiencemomentumnutrition
- (2) 15-ounce cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and patted dry with paper towels
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Choose one of the following spice combos for the topping:
- 2 tsp smoked paprika + 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp turmeric + 1 tsp ginger
- 1 lime (juice and zest) + 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- After draining and rinsing the chickpeas, toss gently in a small bowl with the olive oil and salt. Spread chickpeas in a single layer on baking sheet, and roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Every 10 minutes shake the pan to stir up the chickpeas.
- Remove from oven and evenly coat with the seasoning of your choice. Place chickpeas back into oven for 10 more minutes until crispy.
RD Tip: Adjust the spice combinations to match your flavor preferences, or get creative and come up with your own spice pairings! These crunchy chickpeas make for a great snack or topping for salads.
Click Here to return to Recipes Page.
Want more? Request a 15-minute FREE Nutrition Goal Assessment to learn more about how nutrition doesn't have to be the hardest part about your day. With appointment packs, single Q&A sessions, body composition, and grocery store tours services, we will be able to help you become proficient at creating the best balance for your lifestyle.