Lemon Orzo Salad with Asparagus, Spinach and Feta
by Experience Momentum Nutrition
Follow us on Instagram for more great recipes and updates posted by our Registered Dietitian Nutritionists: @experiencemomentumnutrition
1 cup orzo
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 tsp olive oil
8 asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup fresh spinach, packed
Juice of 1 large lemon
1/3 cup feta cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1) In a medium sauce pan bring 4 cups of water to boil. Add ½ tsp of salt to water. Stir in orzo.
2) Cook the orzo until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain orzo and set aside.
3) In a small sauce pan sauté the garlic in olive oil. Add in the asparagus pieces and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Stir in spinach. Cook until the asparagus is tender and the spinach is wilted.
4) Put the orzo in a medium bowl and add in the vegetables. Squeeze the fresh lemon juice over the orzo and vegetables and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5) Sprinkle the feta cheese over the salad and serve warm.
Serving size: 3
RD Tip: This salad can also be served cold!
Click Here to return to Recipes Page.
Want more? Request a 15-minute FREE Nutrition Goal Assessment to learn more about how nutrition doesn't have to be the hardest part about your day. With appointment packs, single Q&A sessions, body composition, and grocery store tours services, we will be able to help you become proficient at creating the best balance for your lifestyle.