Sweet Potato Apple Bake
by Experience Momentum Nutrition
Follow us on Instagram for more great recipes and updates posted by our Registered Dietitian Nutritionists: @experiencemomentumnutrition
1 large sweet potato, shredded (about 1 ½ cups packed)
1-2 apples, shredded (about ¾ cup packed)
1 Tbsp coconut oil
¼ tsp salt
1-2 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
½ cup full-fat canned coconut milk
¼ cup raisins
¼ cup chopped pecans
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) If you have not done so already, shred the sweet potato until you have about 1 ½ cups, packed.
3) Shred the apple until you have about ¾ cup packed. As you shred the apple you will naturally squeeze the juice out, so feel free to save it! Aim to squeeze as much of the juice as you can out.
4) In a large bowl, whisk the salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, eggs and coconut milk together well.
5) Heat coconut oil in a cast iron skillet. Add the sweet potato and cook, stirring often, until the majority of the sweet potato is golden in color.
6) Pour the sweet potato into the egg/milk mixture and add the apples and half of the raisins. Stir well so the ingredients are thoroughly mixed together.
7) Pour this back into the skillet, smooth the top and sprinkle the remaining raisins and pecans on top.
8) Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the eggs are set and begin to brown.
Serving size: 3-4
RD Tip: Enjoy this warm dish for dessert or even breakfast! Apples are in season, it is up to you which kind you use.
Click Here to return to Recipes Page.
Want more? Request a 15-minute FREE Nutrition Goal Assessment to learn more about how nutrition doesn't have to be the hardest part about your day. With appointment packs, single Q&A sessions, body composition, and grocery store tours services, we will be able to help you become proficient at creating the best balance for your lifestyle.